When 42-year-old doctor Øyvind Torp recently looked at his own magnetic resonance images, he had to admit that his method works. His pancreatic cancer did not spread anymore. He had only been given one year left to live, but the year had now passed and he was still alive.
Doctor Torp has written a book about his experiences and methods (Self-Defense Against Cancer: 10 Counter-Moves You Can Use), where he lists the methods which stopped the growth of cancer. The method is similar to the Peshla method of Antti Oinas (https://www.petrafoundation.com/en/blog/the-peshla-method ) and Sven Erik Nordin’s (https://www.petrafoundation.com/en/blog/the-Nordin-method ) own way to get rid of his cancer.
Doctor Torps 10 tips for cancer patients
- Eat food that makes it harder for the blood circulation to reach cancer cells. Some foods can prevent blood vessels from forming in the cancerous tissue, such as fruits, berries, and some vegetables. Every day, eat blueberries, raspberries, garlic and olive oil and drink green tea.
- Avoid harmful substances. What causes the cancer is likely to make the cancer worse. Therefore, you should stop smoking and drink less alcohol. Eat foods that contain a lot of antioxidants. Strawberries, raspberries and nuts contain ellagic acid, which prevents the effects of environmental toxins.
- Reduce stress. It is important to reduce stress for the sake of mental health, but stress also has physiological effects. Stress hormones, such as cortisol, can inhibit the immune system.
- Reduce the amount of harmful hormones. Some hormones can accelerate the growth of cancer. It may be an explanation for why overweight people are at higher risk of cancer. Insulin and IGF-1 stimulate cancer growth. Only carbohydrates have the ability to significantly increase insulin secretion.
- Extinguish the inflammation. Inflammation and spread of cancer are related. Examples of anti-inflammatory foods: turmeric, ginger, omega-3 fatty acids, vegetables. Avoid ready-made foods and foods that contain sugar, as they increase inflammation. Alcohol should be avoided.
- Strengthen your immune system. Physical activity and vitamins strengthen the immune system. Eat enough vitamins C, D, E, K1 and K2. Take cod oil and omega-3 supplements freely.
- Exercise. Cancer cells can “fool” the immune system, but Danish studies show that strenuous exercise can “wake” them again. They do it with the help of adrenaline. Muscle contractions secrete a drug called IL-6, which helps cells in the immune system to fight cancer. Intensive interval training gives good effect.
- Prevent the spread of cancer. Some herbs contain fatty acids, terpenes, which in some studies may have an effect on the prevention of metastases. These terpenes are found in rosemary, oregano, basil, mint and thyme. Oregano, chili and walnuts also contain NF-Kappa B, which can prevent the cancer from spreading.
- Kill the cancer cells. Animal studies have shown that certain substances, such as the antioxidant salvesterol, attack cancer cells. Salvesterol is found in blueberries, cranberries, blackberries and avocados.
- Stop eating sugar and starch. Cancer cells need a lot of glucose (sugar) to thrive, grow and spread. A tumor cannot be killed by “starvation”, but it is good to limit the “assets”. Stop eating sugar, bread, rice, pasta and potatoes because the carbohydrates they contain are converted to glucose in the small intestine.
Additional advice from Dr. Torp
When the worst shock after the cancer diagnosis was over, Øyvind Torp started looking for all kinds of information about cancer. Also information outside his own professional literature. He did not have time to wait for “further investigations”. He wanted to live.
In an ideal world, we only follow scientifically proven treatments. But there are very few systematic scientific summaries of the relationship between food and cancer. Still, there are tens of thousands of smaller studies on the effect of diet on cancer cells. He could not ignore these simply because no meta-analyzes of the individual studies had been compiled.
He established a rule for himself: If there are studies that convincingly indicate that they can work, he will test them if they were not harmful or very expensive.
In the study “Revisiting the hallmarks of cancer” (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5446472/ ), Øyvind identified which characteristics were common to all cancer cells and realized that cancer cells are vulnerable and this can be become a point of attack. He considered which diet would have the best effects and came up with a combination of a ketogenic and anti-inflammatory diet.
First, Øyvind lowered the sugar intake and the intake of fast carbohydrates was minimized. Cancer cells need much more sugar than healthy cells, says Øyvind. Therefore, it makes sense to limit the “delivery” of sugar to cancer cells. We do not want nutrients to increase insulin because insulin can cause cancer cells to grow. The carbohydrates should come mainly from vegetables.
Another model of explanation
According to current opinion in school medicine, it is believed that cancer occurs when malignant mutations occur in the cancer cell. But what if cell mutations are a symptom, not a cause? This would have significant consequences for future cancer treatments. Most cancer researchers believe that cancer is the result of random mutations. Billions have been invested over the past 50 years to solve the riddle, unfortunately without getting very far. Cancer is increasing year by year.
Modern cancer care aims to prevent the development of cancer and prevent mutations. But hundreds of mutations occur in a cell, several thousands in a tumor. It is almost doomed to fail if you utilize this type of medical knowledge.
There may be another explanation model. There is a lot of research based on an alternative explanation: the metabolic theory. We know that “power plants” in the form of mitochondria are destroyed in cancer cells. Therefore, the cancer cells need a lot of sugar and they cannot produce energy in the usual way.
This means that there are weaknesses in cancer cells that you should take advantage of. By reducing the intake of sugar/carbohydrates, cancer cells get less fuel and they grow more slowly. Researchers are also seeing effects of the damaged mitochondria. They send information about their defects to the cell nucleus, which leads to mutations. Thus, the mutation becomes a symptom, not a cause.
But you get more money by developing drugs for cancer than you get from dietary treatments. Cancer researcher Thomas Seyfried has shown in countless laboratory experiments how dietary treatment can kill cancer cells. But it is difficult to get money for extensive clinical research in this area.
After all, Øyvind looks optimistic about the future. According to a report from the World Cancer Research Fund 2018, high quality real foods are effective against cancer. They believe that all cancer patients should receive expert advice on the importance of diet and exercise.
If we declare cancer as a metabolic disease, it makes sense to offer dietary treatment in addition to conventional treatment.
Cancer has not cured completely
Øyvind has undergone two cancer surgeries, but he still has cancer left in his body. The remaining tumors cannot be surgically removed, but they have not grown either over the past three years. Others tell him that they will surely grow over time. The fact that the tumors have not grown does not prove the superiority of Øyvind’s efforts, but it gives him a huge amount of motivation to continue to search for an optimal lifestyle.
The important thing is that you have a meaningful project. It reduces anxiety, gives you hope and helps control your life. Øyvind does not feel helpless. He is not in a condition where many cancer patients are: You are waiting for a response from the examination, the next surgery is planned, the next treatment is started and you are told that your health is in the hands of the cancer doctor.
It is well documented that the feeling of helplessness is associated with a poorer prognosis. Stress raises the levels of cortisol hormone, which suppresses the immune system when we need it most.
Øyvind made the method a project for himself. One year after falling ill he ran the Berlin Marathon. It gave him joy, hope and control. More marathon races are planned. Being able to do this step by step is a great joy and it causes him to get rid of the thoughts of cancer and death. Øyvind is completely symptom-free and lives a normal life. He has cancer in his body, but he has accepted his fate. He feels lucky when he gets to live this well.
Øyvind continues to receive requests from others who have taken measures against cancer similar to those he has taken. Surprisingly, many say that the measures are advantageous, they are looking for their own way of life and many are getting good results. He wondered why the message didn’t reach everyone. With his book “Self-Defense Against Cancer”, Øyvind wants to contribute his own share of information. In the worst case scenario, it may mean that patients are unable to improve their own prognosis. “You can live as before” advice should be stopped.
Diet, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer: A Global Perspective. World Cancer Research Fund. https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer
Yousef Ahmed Fouad and Carmen Aanei. Revisiting the hallmarks of cancer. Am J Cancer Res. 2017; 7(5): 1016–1036. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5446472/
Julia Schreiner Benito. Legen fikk kreft: – Her er mine ti tiltak. Caluna 1.12.2019, https://caluna.no/siste/legen-fikk-kreft-og-nektet-a-leve-som-for-ti-tiltak-vi-selv-kan-gjore/
77 total views